- One Voice
One Voice is a federal advocacy program comprised of local representatives, elected officials, and staff who travel to Washington, D.C. annually to meet with legislators and agency staff to advocate for projects and issues of regional significance. The goals of the program are to:
- Communicate the region's legislative priorities clearly and succinctly.
- Obtain more federal funding for local projects.
- Advocate for legislation or policy changes that will benefit Merced County.
- Support our legislators by meeting with their peers and garnering wider support for projects and issues relevant to the Merced County region.
The 2019 One Voice trip to Washington, D.C. is scheduled for April 30 - May 2, 2019. Below is the program development and meeting schedule. All planning meetings are held at MCAG, 369 W. 18th Street, Merced, CA. If you are interested or have questions about the program, please contact Eva Garibay at 209-723-3153, ext. 108 or email@example.com
The One Voice trip to Washington, D.C. program includes meetings with federal legislators, staff, agencies and other stakeholders to discuss Merced County's projects and priority issues in the areas of transportation, economic development, water, education and homelessness. The delegation includes representatives from local jurisdictions, private industry, education and staff.
- Atwater-Merced Expressway
- Gustine Health Hazard: Cattle Egret
- Youth Soccer Park Development
- Industrial Park Feasibility Study
- Merced Police Headquarters
- Gustine Downtown Revitalization
- MCOE Info-graphic
- Passenger Rail Services
- Be on the Bus
- Agenda Packet April 26, 2018
- Agenda Packet April 12, 2018
- Agenda Packet March 29, 2018
- Agenda Packet March 8, 2018
- Agenda Packet January 11, 2018
- Agenda Packet November 9, 2017
- Agenda Packet October 12, 2017
- Agenda Packet November 3, 2016 (PDF)
- Agenda Packet October 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Black Rascal Creek (PDF)
- Childs Ave Court Project Description- Revised April 10, 2017 (PDF)
- Franklin Beachwood Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Garden Villas Project Description - Revised April 12, 2017 (PDF)
- Gustine Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Ind Park Feas Study 2017 (PDF)
- Livingston Fact Sheet - New Fire Station (PDF)
- Livingston Fact Sheet - Winton Parkway Extension (PDF)
- Los Banos MCAG One Voice (PDF)
- March 23, 2017 Agenda Packet (PDF)
- MCOE Infographic (PDF)
- Meeting Notes November 3, 2016 (PDF)
- Meeting Notes October 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Merced PD (PDF)
- Transportation Projects (PDF)
- Youth Soccer Park (PDF)
From 2004 to 2010, our congressional representatives requested appropriations on our behalf. Through this process, we had great success in securing over $5 million for projects and programs for the Merced County region in transportation, economic development, healthcare, water, and education. To find out more information, read a list of One Voice achievements (PDF). Congress eliminated "earmarks" in 2010.