2014 RTP - as amended
2014 Regional Transportation Plan - as amended
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is a long range planning document that provides the framework for investments in roads, freeways, public transit, bikeways and other ways people move around our County for the next 25 years. It also helps us comply with State-mandated efforts to reduce greenhouse gases (SB375). The plan is accompanied by environmental and air quality documentation.
The 2014 RTP was adopted in September 2014.
Amendment 1 was adopted in May 2016.
- Regional Transportation Plan Amendment 1 - May 2016 (4 MB)
- RTP Appendices(36 MB)
- RTP Amendment 1 – Appendix N (6 MB)
- Air Quality Conformity Analysis- May 2016 (0.3 MB)
- Final Environmental Impact Report(17 MB)
- Draft Environmental Impact Report(9 MB)
Public Review & Hearings (2014)
The draft 2014 RTP was released April 11, 2014 and was available for review and comment until July 15, 2014. (The comment period was extended to be concurrent with the EIR comment period).
The draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was released on May 30, 2014 and was available for review and comment until July 15, 2014.
Open Houses on the draft plan were held April 8,9,10 and 16, 2014. Public hearings were held on May 13 in Los Banos and May 22 in Merced. An informational meeting with members of the Board of Supervisors and City Council members was held on May 15 in Dos Palos.
Public Review & Hearings - Amendment 1 (2015-2016)
Draft Amendment 1 to the RTP was released November 12, 2015 and was available for review and comment until January 7, 2016. Public hearings were held on November 19, December 1, and December 2, 2015. Three comments were received.
- Comment #1 - Kaylon Hammond, Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability. Comment was made at two public hearings (November 19 in Dos Palos and December 1 in Merced). This is a scan of the transcript provided by the commenter.
- Comment #2 - Kevin Bundy, Center for Biological Diversity and Gary Lasky, Sierra Club. Comment letter provided via email on January 7, 2016.
- Comment #3 - Kaylon Hammond, Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability. Comment letter provided via email on January 7, 2016.
A Draft 2016 Conformity Analysis for the Draft 2014 RTP Amendment 1 was available for review and comment from April 13, 2016 to May 13, 2016. A public hearing was held April 21, 2016. No comments were received.
Notice of Public Hearing on the Draft 2016 Conformity Analysis
Other Documents and Presentations
- Open House boards (May 2014)
- Initial Study & Notice of Preparation for RTP/EIR(Jan. 2014)
- View staff report on selecting a preferred scenario- November 21, 2013 MCAG Governing Board meeting
- Scenario Comparison - Transportation Investments Charts(Fall 2013)
- View "Workshop Questions and Answers" (Fall 2013)
- View "Scenario Options" Presentation (Fall 2013)
- View "Introduction to the Plan" Presentation(Spring 2013)
- View MCAG's Regional Transportation Plan Outreach Strategy(Fall 2012)