The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) / Sustainable Community Strategy (SCS) is a long range planning document that provides the framework for investments in roads, freeways, public transit, bikeways and other ways people move around our County for the next 25 years. It also helps us comply with State-mandated efforts to reduce greenhouse gases (SB375). The plan is accompanied by environmental and air quality documentation.
Plan and Documents
2022 RTP/SCS: ADOPTED AUGUST 18, 2022
A 55-day public review and comment period for the Draft 2022 RTP/SCS will commence on June 10, 2022 and conclude on August 4, 2022. On August 18, 2022, the MCAG Board adopted the 2022 RTP/SCS, the 2023 FTIP, and Corresponding Air Quality Conformity Analysis for the 2022 RTP and the 2023 FTIP, and certified the Program EIR.
- Final 2022 Regional Transportation Plan / Sustainable Community Strategy (RTP/SCS)
- Appendices A-F- A. Adoption Resolution B. Response to Comments C. Public Notices D. SJV Interregional Goods Movement E. RTP Checklist F. Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Report
- Appendices G-L- G. Air Quality Conformity Analysis H. Glossary of Terms I. Financial Summary J. Regional Demographic Forecast K. Tier I and Tier II Project Lists L. Performance Measures and Results
- Appendices M-R- M. Scenario Development Overview N. Public Participation Plans O. Public Engagement P. Environmental Justice Analysis Q. Regional Housing Needs Plan R. Valleywide Chapter
- Appendices S-V- S. Roadway Function Classification Maps T. Transit Service Area Maps U. MCAG CARB SB 375 Methodology V. System Performance Performance
- Final Air Quality Conformity Analysis for the 2023 FTIP and 2022 RTP/SCS
Draft EIR: Released June 20,2022
A 45-day public review and comment period for the Draft EIR will commence on June 20, 2022 and conclude on August 4, 2022.
Final Draft EIR: Released August 8,2022
Program Environmental Impact Report
MCAG will be the Lead Agency and will prepare a Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) for the 2022 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP).
MCAG issued a Notice of Preparation on November 22, 2021. A virtual scoping meeting was held on December 2, 2021, at 1:30 PM via the Zoom platform. Agency and/or public input was accepted in writing through December 22, 2021.
Advisory Committee Structure and Purpose
The Advisory Committee is composed of community leaders and stakeholders with diverse public and private backgrounds. Members have knowledge and experience in many fields that affect and are affected by the regional transportation system.
As the principal advisory group for the planning process, the Committee’s input and recommendations will be vital to the success of the update to the legally-mandated long-range transportation plan that integrates combined land use and transportation strategies, impacts to the environment, and regional housing needs of residents at all income levels. While the Advisory Committee will provide comments and input on a variety of issues important to development of the 2022 RTP/SCS, the final decisions on the RTP/SCS will be the responsibility of the MCAG Governing Board.
Advisory Committee Responsibilities
Advisory Committee responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend all Advisory Committee Meetings, which will be conducted remotely. Since the timeframe for the RTP/SCS adoption is short, regular attendance will be vital for staying current with the development of the plan.
- Review products, documents and presentations developed by the Project Team (MCAG staff and its consultants). These products will cover topics such as transportation needs by mode, existing funding by mode, potential projects and project eligibility requirements, performance measures, and implementing guidelines.
- Review alternative land use and transportation plans for potential inclusion the RTP/SCS.
- Review current and potential RTP/SCS funding alternatives and elements.
- Understand transportation needs and challenges by mode, particularly as they relate to the Merced County region.
- Provide information and feedback to other RTP/SCS stakeholders.
- Review and provide comments on the Draft and Final RTP/SCS.
- Recommend approval of the Final RTP/SCS to the MCAG Governing Board.
|Meeting||Agenda & Materials||Notes|
|February 1, 2022 4 PM Via Zoom||Presentation|
|March 15, 2022 3 PM Via Zoom||Agenda Minutes||Presentation|
|April 15th 2022 Via Zoom||Agenda Minutes||Presentation|
|April 29th 2022 Via Zoom||Agenda||Presentation|
|March 8th, 2022 6 PM||Presentation|
|April 26, 2022 6 - 7:30 PM||MCAG Office 369 W. 18 St. Merced|
or via Zoom
|Flyer for Workshop|
|Regional Transportation Plan Advisory Committee|
The 2018 RTP was adopted on August 2018.